“Mom, I am not feeling well.” I have heard this sentence so many times when we travel.
My daughter inherited my sensitive stomach and that means that she frequently struggles with an upset tummy.
In fact, it got so bad that she does not even want to travel anymore. When she thinks of car rides, she fills sick.
Thankfully, I remembered my German upbringing and our little home remedies against nausea: GINGER root!
Ginger helps against nausea, indigestion, and constipation.
When I grew up in Germany, my mom would always cut up a tiny piece of ginger root, put it in a mug, and pour hot water over it. After letting it steep a bit, we would sip this ginger drink and it would help our upset tummies.
Since then, I have found a much more convenient way of making this delicious hot ginger drink.
In fact, I have not bought fresh ginger root for a while! I just use Ginger essential oil!
We frequently add a toothpick of ginger essential oil to Asian dishes, and it creates a yummy combination of spicy and savory.
Healthy and delicious!
Recipe by dōTERRA.
Ginger Pear Green Smoothie
* 1 heaping cup fresh spinach
* 1 heaping cup diced frozen pears
* ½ cup plain plant-based Greek yogur
* 1 tablespoon almond butter
* 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (or other milk of choice)
* 1 teaspoon raw honey
* ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 drop of Ginger essential oil
1. Cut fresh pears and freeze for one hour.
2. Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend until creamy and smooth.
Stay healthy. ?