“What cake would you like to make?” I expected something with chocolate…and I was right: “BROWNIES!”
If there is something that never fails, it is that my kiddos love
- chocolate, and
- baking. Baking ANYTHING with chocolate!
So, we decided to cheer up a drab day. Here we go, super rich & moist FUDGY brownies! No doubt, you feel like eating one right now after this introduction!
This recipe is “The best vegan gluten free brownie recipe”—easy to make, mouthwateringly good, Gluten Free & Dairy Free!
- ¼ cup natural, unsalted creamy almond butter or nut/seed butter of choice
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil (or oil of choice)
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 flax eggs (2 tablespoons golden ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water, whisk together, set for 15 mins)
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons gluten free oat flour
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or greased foil. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond butter, coconut sugar, maple syrup and melted coconut oil. Whisk until it resembles caramel.
- Add cocoa powder in ¼ cup increments, whisking until shiny and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary. Whisk in vanilla, salt and flax eggs.
- In thirds, fold in in the oat flour using a rubber spatula. Fold until batter resembles a very soft dough, with no flour patches remaining. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pan. Using a rubber spatula, smooth batter into an even layer.
- Bake for 26-34 mins. Cool for 1 hour, or until completely cool. Slice into 9-16 brownies and Guten Appetit!